Filled: Office Manager & PA to Managing Director (POSITION FILLED)
February 4, 2013
Net Communities is looking for an experienced PA and Office Manager. The successful candidate will join our vibrant London-based team, working closely with the Managing Director and as part of the growing Administration and Finance department.
This is an exciting time to join Net Communities as the company is experiencing a period of significant growth.
Manage Net Communities office requirements – help to manage a fun and smooth working environment.
Assist all staff with administrative requirement and streamline where required.
Support accounting team where required, assisting with HR and legal issues. Work alongside and personally assist the Managing Director to streamline his day to day business and personal activities.
Day to day
- Develop and manage important document storage both electronic and print copies
- Manage staff records and ensure staff development plans are up to date and implemented
- Manage, monitor and record staff holiday and sickness entitlement
- Oversee administration of staff contracts and related documentation
- Work with line managers to oversee staff recruitment and to promote / organise training process
- Manage new joiner inductions and leaver’s process to ensure office / data security and integrity
- Organise staff reviews/appraisals and keep a record of all important staff related communications
- Ensure stationery supplies and staff refreshments are well stocked
- Manage external / contract staff such as the cleaner
- Ensure that the office and kitchen are kept tidy and clean
- Ensure health and safety and other similar related issues are up to date
- Research and Advise on Employment Legislation and HR best practice with the assistance of an outsourced HR consultancy
- Manage the appointment of interns / apprentices and work experience staff
- Answer incoming calls where relevant and ensure the smooth operation of the telephone system to ensure all calls are answered quickly and reliably throughout the organisation
- Work with tech staff to ensure smooth internal IT and telephone infrastructure
- Manage lease and landlord / building & office maintenance
- Ensure that the office is in good order and is a friendly and comfortable environment to work in at all times
- Organise staff and client events as and when required
Personal Assistant duties:
Assist the Managing Director with his day-to-day activities. This may include:
- Assisting with diary management
- Assisting with administration
- Booking meetings / travel etc
- Project based work / research
General day to day support in both personal and business related issues
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Proven diary management
- Proven experience of booking travel
- Ideally have experience or an interest in Online / Media
- Ideally have an interest in or understanding of the tech industry.
Location: London, SE1
Salary: £ Highly Competitive
Job Type: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
Working at Net Communities
At Net Communities we work hard to achieve our goals and keep up with the ever-changing industry landscape, but we also know how to enjoy ourselves and work in a fun, lively office environment. For us, it’s not just about your skills and achievements, it’s also essential that you fit in with the team.
- Possess a passion for technology?
- Understand the industry and want to innovate?
- Want to be part of a positive team?
- Embrace change?
- Have a happy, considerate, determined persona?
- Believe in mentoring and developing your staff?
- Operate well under pressure?
- Communicate well with those around you?
- Have an unwavering professional work ethic?
To apply for this role please click here